Most companies nowadays have data backup and disaster recovery solutions in place. But a question that organizations sometimes fail to ask themselves that is “does my backup work?” or “is it enough?”
On many occasions, companies have to face the unwanted fact that their business data is LOST, even though backups were conducted, successfully, according to notifications by the system. A study shows that 77% of of those who tested their backup, found that tape backups failed to restore (Source: Storage Magazine).
To better prepare yourself for events when disaster may strike, ask yourself the following and review your disaster plan where necessary.
- Do you trust your existing disaster recovery solution?
- How often is your backup?
- Do you test your backup, and when was the last time?
- Is your backup located in a different location from your servers?
- Can your business tolerate downtime, if any, caused by data loss or disasters?
- What is the financial cost of downtime to your business?
- How quickly can your disaster recovery solution get your business back up and running after a disaster?
If you answer ‘Do Not Know’ to more than three of the above questions, we can help you.
Contact us today to assess and implement your disaster recovery solution.